WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Did you know that you automatically become a member of our PTA when your child joins either Colman Infant or Colman Junior School?
You can become an active member by simply signing up to our mailing list or by coming along to one of our coffee mornings or official PTA meetings and giving us your details.
Notice of these meetings is normally advertised several days beforehand, and should be advertised on News page and notice board. Our general meetings are normally held in the POD at the back of the Junior school site. Our coffee mornings are normally in the mobile classroom next to Holly class on the Infant school site. If you’re not sure where to go, ask the friendly staff in the school office to direct you.
Email us directly at email@example.com
Signing up to the PTA does not mean you have to commit large amounts of time.
If you can design a flyer, pick up some supplies, bake a few cupcakes or man a stall at our summer fair, anything you can do will help us reach our targets and provide the much-needed equipment and materials for the schools.
There are a handful of very dedicated parents behind the scenes of the PTA but more people are always needed. Take a look at our ‘Meet your PTA Committee’ and familiarise yourself with our names and faces.
MEET YOUR PTA COMMITTEE
Susan Chedgey: Chair
Emily Chittenden: Vice Chair
Penny Craft: Secretary
May Taylor: Treasurer
Kathy Williams: CIS staff rep
Katherine Morley: CIS staff rep
Rachel Smith: CJS staff rep
Lesley Henery: CJS staff rep
Claire Everson, Tony Sambrook and Doris Pearce: CIS parent reps
Tina Jeczalik and Linda Duong: CJS parent reps
WHY JOIN THE PTA?
IT'S GOOD FOR YOUR CHILDREN
- You are your children's most important role model. Showing your children you value their education will teach them to value it as well.
- Research has shown that children whose parents are involved in their school get better results & have fewer disciplinary problems.
IT'S GOOD FOR YOU
- At PTA meetings you can have our say. You can raise concerns, suggest ideas & input into how funds are spent.
- You will meet like-minded people & make new friends. It's not all hard work: there is a social side too!
- Whether you want to organise an event or simply help out on the day, you can utilise your existing skills & hobbies & most likely acquire some new ones too.
- And most importantly, you will be in the know! You will find out what's going on in school & get to know members of staff better.
IT'S GOOD FOR THE SCHOOL
- Schools are becoming more & more dependent on PTA's for fundraising revenue to supplement the school budget.
- You will play an important role in helping the school to acquire key resources as well as reward the children with some well-earned treats.
WHAT ARE WE FUNDRAISING FOR?
Each year the funds raised through PTA events are shared between Colman Infant School & Colman Junior School. Some of the items funded by the PTA in the past are:
Trees for the orchard, iPads & storage trolleys, Library books & display units, Staging, Pavilion & playground markings, School minibus and a Positive play sensory area to name but a few.
Every year with work with the teachers and staff of both schools to identify what is needed. Last year we raised a massive £4,205. We used some of this money to buy classroom toys for the infant school and some of it went towards the junior school gardens. We also agreed to support the Junior School with a large donation of funds for an Outdoor Playscape, which is in its design stages and should be in place by Sep 2019, Fingers crossed!
The more we raise, the more we can buy.
WHAT EVENTS DO WE ORGANISE?
Check out our Calendar of Events!
Our aim is to raise money for the schools but also to provide fun events for our families. These are some of the things we do:
Tea towels & Fabric bags with the children’s self-portraits displayed on them, Christmas Carols & Mince pies, lots of Cake Sales, our very popular Quiz 'n' Chips night, Rainbow Raffles, School Discos, the greatly anticipated Summer Fair and fabulous Christmas Crafts including a wreath making workshop.
Earn cash for us when you shop online.
Please quote reference SCO1267 when ordering to earn 20% cash back for the PTA.
Rag Bag (junior school)
Please donate unwanted textiles in the bins located behind the Infant school hall and to the rear of the Junior school playground.
Pre-Loved Uniform (infant School)
The infant school are collecting your Pre-Loved school Uniform. Jumpers, cardigans, skirts, dresses, trousers, shorts, Shirts, T -shirts and PE kit all welcome. We also desperately need donations of New pairs of pants and socks for the Reception and year 1 classes. Please place your clean clothing in the big bag under the desk outside BEECH class.
Sign up as a family member quoting membership reference 12214 to access Parents Perks money off offers.
We would like to say a big thank you for all your kind donations, continued support and generosity over the Christmas period.
We raised a Massive £2180!!!
Money Raising Events:
- Rainbow raffle £477
- Wreath Making Workshop £88
- Tea Towel sales £1000
- Carols and Mince pies £96
- Junior School Disco £389
- Cake Sales £127